Services provided include:
- Renewable Energy Systems and Energy Efficiency Consultancy including:
- Site Assessment and Computer-based Energy Performance Assessment of Renewable Energy Power and Heating Systems Eg. Solar PV or Wind Energy Systems, Solar Water Heating Systems.
- Assist with the development, design and testing of solar powered products.
- Home and Small Business Sustainability Assessment – this can include detailed energy audits (Level 3 – AS3598), location, sizing and performance assessment of renewable energy based, power and heating systems, optimisation of rain and grey water treatment.
- Community education and technical training courses in sustainable energy systems – solar PV, solar hot water, wind energy, energy efficient building design.
- Community Sustainable Energy Planning – mapping of renewable energy and energy efficiency opportunities within regions.
- Writing technical articles, books and consumer information regarding sustainable energy.
- Home and Small Business Sustainability Assessments,
- Sustainable Homes Short Courses (for home owners – click here to enrol in one of our short courses),
- Home Sustainability Assessor Training,
- Energy Star Rating of Homes and Units,
- Energy and Water Auditing,
- Site Assessment and Computer-based Energy Performance Assessment of Renewable Energy Power and Heating Systems including Solar PV or Wind Energy Systems, Solar Water Heating Systems,
- Engineering assessment of renewable energy based power or heating systems or products.
- Regional Sustainable Energy Systems planning
- Sustainable energy course development.
Sustainable home / business assessment for new and existing homes or businesses provides a detailed report after a site visit. The site visit does the following:
- Undertakes a detailed energy audit (Level 3 Audit to AS3598:2000 – Energy Audits). This gives a complete breakdown of energy use and identifies where savings can be made through energy efficiency measures. It includes a priority list of changes to make over t time, estimated potential financial savings and greenhouse gas reductions.
- Assesses roof areas, orientation, tilt, shading for Solar PV or Solar Water Heaters to optimise system location and performance and minimise shading.
- Assesses roof areas for rain water collection, optimum tank size and location to maximise rain water collection (maximum rain fraction).
- Assesses access to and suitability of grey water systems.
The report includes advice on:
- Energy efficient building design improvements and selection of efficient appliances,
- Solar PV or wind power systems sizing, location and predicted performance to optimise performance and cost effectiveness,
- Solar water heating sizing, location and predicted performance,
- Rain water and grey water systems sizing and location to optimise water us,
- Prioritising recommended improvements,
- Potential financial and greenhouse gas savings.